Your privacy is important to Triand, Inc.. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Triand, Inc. collects, and the ways in which Triand, Inc. uses that personal information.
Triand, Inc. (“Triand”) may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- At triand.com, if you sign up, you provide your name, email address, school and district. That is the only information we have for you and all we need to operate the triand.com (“Website”) or the Triand Newsletter (“Newsletter”); we do not collect any information on other visitors to the website;
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with delivery of the newsletter and processing of your payment. We never see your full credit card number, which is handled through BrainTree;
- If you create user-generated content, you own it, and it is used for the Website only.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
Triand asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
When you sign up at Website, you provide explicit consent for Triand to collect the above listed personal information.
If you enter an agreement with Triand for the provision of services in exchange for payment, Triand will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
Finally, Triand may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
Triand may use your personal information to:
- administer Website and/or the Newsletter;
- personalize the website for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the website according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you the newsletter and account-related email;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Triand discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, Triand has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
Triand never shows advertisements on the website, and third parties are not used for tracking.
Triand uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
Data Retention Policy
Securing Your Data
Triand will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- If Triand stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
- When sending your data Triand will use secure, up-to-date, data protocols (HTTPS).
- When you create a password the strength of your password is determined.
- Verification of your account requires that your email address be validated (2-step authentication)
- The only cookie used is a single session cookie crucial for validating that you are logged in.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
(1) Triand does not track users, who interact with its website across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
(2) Triand does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any Triand website for third party use through advertising technologies.
Triand seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on this website:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name email address, school and district. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
- Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if located in the European Union, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
- In addition to the above, an “unsubscribe” option is automatically included in the footer of every newsletter sent from the Website. This allows you to easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. In the event you unsubscribe, we will immediately stop sending you the newsletter. Please note that unsubscribing from the newsletter with the newsletter’s “unsubscribe” button does not cancel your account with Triand. In order to do so, please log in at Website and cancel your account.
Updating This Statement